Are you job-search ready?
Is your resume helping or hindering your future?
Take this self-quiz to evaluate your resume's effectiveness.
Am I ready?
- My resume is packed with industry-specific language and crucial keywords.
- My resume emphasizes and quantifies my achievements.
- My resume contains superior grammar, spelling, sentence structure, and punctuation.
- My resume uses varied action verbs and powerful marketing phrases.
- My resume emphasizes how I will benefit employers and meet their precise needs.
- My resume engages the reader from the outset and maintains interest throughout.
- My resume clearly communicates my job target and my key strengths—all within the first few lines of text.
- My resume uses eye-catching, inviting, and original design (not a template).
- My resume includes ASCII (plain-text) and scannable versions to enable e-mail, web, and electronic distribution/storage.
- My resume communicates and targets my key transferable skills.
- My resume minimizes my potential weaknesses and turns negative “red flags” into positive assets.
- My resume uses the most effective format, style, and strategy for my situation.
- My resume utilizes compelling CAR (Challenge, Action, Result) statements.
- My resume uses marketing techniques to sell my unique “brand.”
Did you say yes to 13-14 bullets?
Congratulations! Your writing abilities are sound. (Have you thought of a career in resume writing?) You just might want to avail yourself of a critique from a professional resume writer to ensure you didn’t miss anything important.
Did you say yes to 10-12 bullets
You have some distinct abilities that will help you write a resume. BUT, leaving out critical components can cost you interviews. Having a professionally crafted resume will optimize your results.
Did you say yes to fewer than 10 bullets?
You will miss many opportunities that may be perfect for you unless you have your résumé professionally prepared. Don’t wait. Contact us today.
Connect with us today for our low-cost critique!
Ready to make an impression?
Follow the link to get started.